To provide safe and effective programming that is goal oriented and promotes life-changing results through education, innovative coaching techniques and proper nutrition.
At Evolution Performance we focus on developing well-rounded athletes using the latest and most innovative techniques, with a heavy focus on continuous education to provide you with the tools needed to succeed. Our carefully designed programs address all factors of athleticism to significantly improve overall performance and reduce the risk of injury.
We ask that all athletes complete a comprehensive athletic evaluation to assess individual needs and goals. This also includes a physical evaluation to include overall body composition, functional movement and muscular imbalances. Upon gaining a better understanding of the athlete’s biomechanical process, we can better assess their physical strength, power, speed, and quickness to determine their skill level for effective program development.
Key Training Components
1. Warm-Up. A proper warm-up is crucial to decrease the likelihood of injury, and prepares the body for the activity ahead. Every session begins with some form of soft tissue release such as foam rolling or trigger point release. This is a dynamic, highly effective technique that has an immediate and powerful effect on muscle and connective tissue. Following soft tissue release, we shift our focus to joint mobility and more specific dynamic movements to further increase blood flow to the working muscle.
2. SAQ Drills. Speed, agility, and quicknessare some of the most significant and visible components of athletic success. All athletes, whether training for strength, endurance or a combination of both, can benefit from improved balance, quicker feet, and a faster reaction time. Through SAQ drills, we focus on running mechanics, movement efficiency, and coordination, to further enhance muscular strength, endurance and motor skills. SAQ training is a vital tool used in all our programs to prevent injury and increase overall athletic performance and success.
3. Strength and Power Development. The ability to generate relatively high forces against large resistances (strength) and the ability to produce a high work rate (power) is an integral part of sport performance. The goal ofstrength and power development is to achieve the greatest gains in performance for any given workload. An athlete’s ability to display a high level of explosive power is believed to be one of the most important factors for determining athletic success. By focusing on Type II muscle fiber recruitment, strength development and power output is likely to improve overall athletic performance, which is beneficial in sports requiring explosive movement patterns such as sprinting, change of direction, and jumping.
4. Metabolic Conditioning. Metabolic Conditioning is sport specific, high intensity exercise consisting of short but intense bouts of activity, followed by short intervals of recovery. These challenging high intensity workouts include total body compound movements and short rest intervals to ensure the athlete is spending the majority of time using the anaerobic system. It is during an anaerobic workout that we condition the body, burn more calories and train to endure high intensity exercise.
5. Recovery. Proper recovery is important because it helps reduce the buildup of lactic acid released in the muscles as a result of strenuous exercise. A combination of foam rolling and stretching is beneficial to help reduce soreness and improve issue recovery, increase range of motion, and decrease the overall effects of the stress placed on the body.
In 2013, I ran and was injured during the Boston Marathon. I required surgery and a lengthy recovery time, to include Physical Therapy and Strength Training. Lauren was an integral part of my strength training and ultimately my return to top athletic performance. Through her guidance and instruction, I was able to regain and in fact exceed my performance previous to the injury.
I have known Lauren since she was in grade school. She has an unrelenting drive to succeed, a passion for sports, and a heart of gold. I enjoy her workouts because she pushes me to be the best version of myself and constantly tests my limits. Education is her number one priority and she openly shares her knowledge and expertise on fitness related topics. She is an excellent trainer and athlete.
I started working with Lauren 1.5 years ago and I can truly say she changed my life! I have lost almost 100lbs in that time (without surgery) and I have never felt better or stronger. My goals have changed since the beginning, but I still look forward to working out with her. This is the longest I have ever stuck with a workout regimen and I know it is now a permanent part of my life. Thank you, Lauren!!